Because of the climate change roofs that are higher up or exposed are exposed to increasingly stronger winds.
Wind Up-Lift Protection
- Gravel strips at the edges and corners. Extremely exposed buildings also need grid paving filled with gravel.
- Depending on the object location, vegetation mats are used at the edges and corners of the green roofs.
- The central parts of the green roofs can usually be planted using hydro-seeding which is sufficient for wind erosion protection. Taller buildings (wind zone 3 and 4, exposed roofs) usually require the use of vegetation mats.
- For pitched roofs the verge, roof edge and ridge are vegetation-less.
- Regular and professional care and maintenance.
- Object specific calculations using the proved, system specific reduction factor R - a free service of Optigrün international AG.
Reduction Factor for Green Roofs
- Reduction of the used roof membrane fasteners depending on the necessary green roof weight
- Reduction of the layer height of the green roof
- Because of this a reduction of the supporting structure / substructure is possible, because only a lighter and smaller green roof build-up is required